Supervisor Gary Ciferri
The Town Supervisor is the presiding officer at Town Board meetings and has an equal vote in all matters coming before the Town Board. The Supervisor is the treasurer of the town, and generally represents the town in all financial matters.
- Stephen Turletes (Deputy Supervisor)
- Robert Audia
- Michael Murphy
The Town Board is comprised of the Supervisor and four council members, who are all elected for a four year term. The Town Board is the governing and legislative body of the Town. It determines policy and is the branch of government that appropriates funds and adopts the annual Budget of the Town. Some additional Town Board responsibilities include:
- Adopt amendments to the Town Code
- Fill appointive positions
- Require all Town employees to perform their duties faithfully.
- Appoint & supervise all Boards, Council & Committees
- Award contracts for public works and purchase contracts requiring competitive bids
- Directs and supervises all department heads and managers.
Town Board Meetings require the presence of a majority of the Town Board which constitutes a quorum for the transaction of official business (3 people). Each member of the Board, including the Supervisor, has one vote. A resolution of law is carried by the affirmative vote of the majority of the Board.
The Board meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM. All town board meetings are held at the Town Hall and are open to the public.