MEETINGS begin at 6:00 PM at the Town of Washington Town Hall (10 Reservoir Drive, Millbrook, NY).
Regular session on the first Tuesday of each month
Special meetings may be called by the Planning Board Chair and shall be noticed pursuant to the Open Meetings Law.
If the date of any meeting is canceled due to inclement weather, lack of quorum, or other conflicts, the meeting will be scheduled for another night and the new meeting day and time will be posted and made public pursuant to the Open Meetings Law.
- Planning Board Application
- Planning Board Checklist
- Short Form Environmental Assessment Form Part 1 - Project Information NYSDEC
- pdf Wetland Permit Form
- Planning Board Fee Schedule revised 1/12/2023
- Owner's Endorsement - Requires a Notarized Signature
- Consent to Inspection
- PB Monthly Schedule with Due Dates 2023
DEADLINES - For new Planning Board applications, in order to be scheduled on the Planning Board agenda, complete application packets must be received by the Planning Board Clerk fourteen days prior to the Planning Board meeting. No exceptions.
It is strongly recommended that applicants meet with the Zoning Administrator prior to the submission date to ensure a complete packet is being submitted.
- A site visit by the Zoning Administrator is required prior to the submission date to verify site information and to ensure there aren't any violations on the property.
- The complete application submittal packet must be delievered to the Town fourteen days prior to the Planning Board meeting to be included on the next Planning Board meeting date.
- Failure to submit a complete packet will delay Planning Board review.
- Violations on a property will delay Planning Board review.
ACTIONS OF THE PLANNING BOARD
Prior to making a decision on the application, the Planning Board shall make a determination of significance under the State Environmental Quality Review Act. The Planning Board may open the public hearing prior to the determination of significance in order to obtain public comment on the issues of environmental concern.
Decisions of approval or disapproval will be made no more than sixty-two (62) days after the closing of a public hearing on a complete application. The decision of the Planning Board will be filed with the Town Clerk within five (5) business days of the date of the decision.
Disapproval of an application will require the resubmission of a preliminary application if the applicant wishes to pursue further consideration of the plan.
Conditional approval of a Plat will expire on the one hundred eightieth (180th) day after the conditional approval granted by the Planning Board. Upon request, the Planning Board may extend the conditional approval for no more than two (2) additional periods of ninety (90) days each, if the request is warranted and received in a timely manner.
The Plat will be void if it is revised after the Planning Board signature. No changes, erasures, modifications or revisions shall be made on any plat after the plat has been signed by the Board. If the recorded plan contains any changes, the plat shall be considered void, and the Planning Board shall take action to remove the plat from county records.
- When Planning Board approval is granted for anything requiring a building permit, the applicant must provide Building Department a copy of the Planning Board Resolution, a copy of approved plats or plot plans and if necessary, a copy of the notice of filing with Dutchess County.
- In addition to other notes as may be required by the Board, the applicant shall include as notes on the map the following: pdf Driveway Construction Guidelines , pdf Erosion Control Guidelines
All fees are due at the time an application is submitted. Application and Administrative fees are not refundable. Fees shall be paid with separate checks to cover the following: (1) Escrow Funds; and (2) Application and Administrative Fee. Recreation Fees are due and payable at the time of Final Subdivision Approval. The signature of the Chair on the final plat will be withheld pending payment of all outstanding amounts. Checks shall be made payable to the Town of Washington.
Applications that are on the agenda and where applicants or their representatives make an appearance before the Planning Board for greater than four meetings will be assessed $100.00 per month that the application is on the agenda and is heard by the Board. This $100.00 per month fee is to cover administrative costs to process these applications.
The fee will be used to pay the cost of consultant fees incurred by the Planning Board to review the application.
The following escrow fees were adopted for any project in front of any Town agency, effective January 12, 2023
- Initial Escrow deposit $1,500.00
- $2,000 for projects under $10,000.00 in development costs
- $5,000.00 for projects with $10,001.00 - $50,000.00 in development costs
- $10,000.00 for projects over $50,001.00 in development costs
Any unexpended funds will be returned to the applicant after all consultant fees have been paid.
The applicant may be periodically advised as to the need to replenish the Escrow Funds.
Approval of all applications is expressly conditioned on the payment of all fees, including all escrow fees.